Portland is home to a number of stellar roasteries that can provide restaurants, bars, offices and beyond with coffee for any occasion. Here’s a sampling.
Coava Coffee Roasters
- 1300 SE Grand Ave., Portland, OR 97214
- (503) 894-8134
- Coava Coffee Roasters works to cultivate mutually beneficial partnerships with conscientious farmers and offers only single origin coffees. Interested businesses can become wholesale partners; however, it’s important to note that Coava doesn’t offer some of the extra amenities often associated with wholesale programs, such as equipment or service technicians.
Heart Coffee Roasters
- Multiple Locations
- (503) 206-6602 (Eastside)/(503) 224-0036 (Westside)
- Heart Coffee Roasters sources green coffee beans from Africa, South America and Central America and roasts them with care. In addition to selling coffee online and in their two Portland locations, they sell brew equipment and offer coffee subscriptions to customers throughout the country.
- Multiple locations
- Ristretto is a small-batch roaster based in northeast Portland. They specialize in a medium roast, roast on a daily basis and hold weekly cuppings for their customers. They also tailor their training program for each of their wholesale customers, and offer equipment and service.
Stumptown Coffee Roasters
- Multiple locations
- (503) 808-9080 (headquarters)
- A famous spot in Portland, Stumptown Coffee Roasters has been in business since 1999. They use a direct trade sourcing strategy, working closely with growers. In addition to providing coffee, they assist their wholesale customers with selecting equipment, creating menus and designing coffee bars, as well as offer educational opportunities.
Water Avenue Coffee Company
- 1028 SE Water Avenue 145, Portland, OR 97214
- (503) 808-7083 (wholesale)
- Located on the bank of the Willamette River, Water Avenue Coffee Company is a micro roaster that offers a rotating menu of single-origin coffees, as well as coffee blends. Their wholesale services include training and coffee education, as well as equipment installation, routine maintenance, parts and emergency service.