Let’s take a look at some of the tastiest locally roasted coffee that the City of Brotherly love has to offer! Here’s the skinny on three Philadelphia companies and their brews.
Chestnut Hill Coffee Co.
- 8620 Germantown Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19118
- (212) 242-8600
- Chestnut Hill Coffee Company was inspired by both Seattle and European cafes; they opened in 2005 and began roasting their own beans a year later. They offer wholesale options, equipment and barista training and education for companies looking to brew coffee on a large scale.
Old City Coffee
- 219-221 Church Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Old City Coffee roasts Arabica high-grown beans in very small batches to provide its customers with fresh coffee at relatively low prices. In addition to selling their products at their cafe and online, they offer both self-service and full-service catering, as well as educational lunch seminars.
Rival Bros Coffee Roasters
- 33rd Street and Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Rival Bro is a small-batch roaster that offers blends and single-origin coffee. It provides wholesale options and its coffee truck can be hired for events.