Let’s take a look at some of the best coffee retailers and roasters located in and around the Detroit area.
Chazzano Coffee Roasters
- 1737 East 9 Mile Road, Ferndale, MI 48220
- (248) 691-4256
- Voted best coffee shop in Detroit from 2010 to 2013 (and winner of best tea shop in 2013!), Chazzano roasts their coffee right in front of their customers. A coffee subscription program is available, as is online ordering.
Coffee Express Roasting Company
- 47722 Clipper St., Plymouth, MI 48170
- (800) 466-9000
- Coffee Express Roasting Company roasts specialty coffee fresh every day, and supplies it to retailers, restaurants and coffee houses in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana. They also provide coffee support items, such as flavored syrups, as well as gently used equipment.
Germack Pistachio Company
- 2140 Wilkins, Detroit, MI 48207
- (800) 872-4006
- Along with their specialty nuts and seeds, Germack sells small-batch roasted coffees. They offer wholesale options and have been roasting in Detroit’s historic Eastern Market since 1924
The Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company
- 389 Enterprise Court, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302 (roastery and equipment service)
- (800) 645-6077
- The Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company sources and roasts organic single-origin coffee and coffee blends. In addition to offering wholesale coffee options to clients of any size, they provide equipment, assistance with menu development and pricing strategy, on-site and in-shop repair service and barista training.